Pages

segunda-feira, 22 de agosto de 2011

My science and trade

     So, a lot of people ask me what I do. They want to know what my science is all about and make a bunch of funny puns about its name, and it kind of saddens that people don’t know what it is that I came to love so much and what I intend to use and take with me for the rest of my life. You’re probably asking what path I took if you don’t know it yet, my science and trade? I’m to be an economist.

     I’ll hold the art of turning life into numbers and numbers back into life, I’ll learn to question and extract from the world the functions that make it so beautiful to research and understand. If you believe in an omniscient God you might have wondered how is it that he knows your every move before you even make them, are you not free to do as you will? Happens to be that you’re indeed free but God knows how your functions work very well, not only yours but every other in this world.

     What are we after all? Sacks of meat, aggregations of cells, numbers? We’re beings mathematically expressible and of such intricate complexity that it would stagger any scientist mind to ever attempt to narrow down a single human being flawlessly. Yet, we are greedy for knowledge and will hunt and fight for even a tiny spec of Gods understanding of the functioning of humans and humanity in and out of itself.

     What will I do? I’ll question the world and its doings, I’ll look at things from different angles and gather the numbers I need to take, I’ll look at the problems with a love for challenges, I’ll keep my mind busy looking for answers to the most troubling questions, I’ll gaze at the gray horizon and try to find in it the way to happier days, I’ll poke and hold the society’s gushing wounds that would nauseate the average man and from the mess and destruction, amidst chaos and confusion, I’ll calmly take hold of the facts that lead to understanding and make it so that no crisis goes to waste, I’ll make sure that the beauty of disgrace is registered so that none of our young has to face what we faced… I’ll be on the backstage.

     This is my science and trade, this is one of my many loves and the reason I study every day. I don’t know what you’ve been investing on and what you intend to take with you for the rest of your days, I don’t know decisions you made or why you took the path you chose to take. But keep in mind that the path you’re now walking towards will be yours till the flame of your life comes to fade, it’ll come to be a part of you and your communion with it will shape you in a way so love it, love it with all your strength and if you can’t maybe you’re better off starting elsewhere with something you can look forward to be.

I don’t care what path you take, but love it and may you taste the joy found by those who devote their life to doing what they love everyday

~Dreamchaser

________________________________________________________________________
Tradução livre para português:

     Sabe, muita gente pergunta o que eu faço da vida. Eles querem saber da ciência que estudo e fazer piadinhas com o nome dela, e meio que me entristece que as pessoas não conheçam aquilo que eu vim a amar tanto e que pretendo usar e levar comigo pelo resto da vida. Você deve estar se perguntando que caminho tomei se ainda não sabe, minha ciência e habilidade? Eu serei um economista.

     Eu tomarei a arte de trazer a vida em números e trazer os números de volta a vida, Eu aprenderei a questionar e extrair do mundo as funções que o fazem tão belo de se pesquisar e compreender. Se você acredita em um Deus onisciente você deve ter se perguntando como ele sabe tudo que você vai fazer antes mesmo que você o faça, você afinal não é livre pra fazer o que bem entender? Acontece que você é de fato livre, mas tal Deus onisciente conhece as suas funções muito bem e conhece também todas as outras presentes neste mundo.

     O que somos afinal de contas? Sacos de carne, agregados de células, números? Somos seres matematicamente expressáveis e com uma complexidade tão intricada que embasbaca a mente de qualquer cientista a tentativa de explicar um humano plenamente, porém, somos sedentos por conhecimento e vamos buscar mesmo uma pequena fração do entendimento divino quanto ao funcionamento dos humanos e da humanidade em si.

     O que eu farei? Eu questionarei o mundo e seus atos, eu olharei por diferentes ângulos e tomarei os numero que preciso tomar, eu verei os problemas com um amor por desafios, eu ocuparei minha mente procurando respostas para as perguntas mais preocupantes, eu encararei os horizontes cinzentos e tentarei buscar um caminho para dias melhores, eu cutucarei e mergulharei nas chagas da sociedade com que o homem comum se nauseia apenas de olhar e da bagunça e destruição, em meio ao caos e confusão, eu calmamente tomarei os fatos que levam ao entendimento e farei que tal crise não tenha sido em vão, eu vou assegurar que a beleza da desgraça seja registrada para que nenhum de nossos infantes tenha que enfrentar o que enfrentamos... Eu vou estar nos bastidores.

     Esta é minha ciência e habilidade, é uma de minhas muitas paixões e a razão que estudo todos os dias. Eu não sei em que você tem investido ou o que você pretende levar com você pelo resto dos seus dias, eu não sei que decisões você fez e por quê você tomou o caminho que tomou. Mas mantenha em mente que caminho que você está trilhando será seu até o que a chama de tua vida venha a se apagar, e ele será parte de você e sua comunhão com ele vai te moldar de certa forma então o ame, o ame com todas as forças e se você não for capaz, talvez seja melhor você começar em outro lugar com algo que você possa sonhar em alcançar.

Eu não me importo com qual caminho você tomou, mas o ame e você poderá provar do prazer encontrado por aqueles que devotam suas vidas a fazer o que amam todos os dias.

~Dreamchaser

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário